Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blogging is so simple

I think of what my grandfather would think if he saw the technology that we have access to today. He died in the early 80's when I was just a wee thing. He was a WWII veteran.

The technologies that exist is one thing, the freedom to do this and blather on from my day to day, to politics is something altogether different and so very valuable.

All over the world, battles are still being fought, soldiers dying, principals like freedom of speech, the ability to vote, the ability to go get some water without being shot, maimed or raped do not exist. The world can be a very ugly place and people can be insanely inhuman. We live in a country where for the most part people are civil to one another, our freedoms were defended vigilantly and we're in such a state of relative safety, we can afford to send our soldiers elsewhere to put their lives on the line.


Canadian soldiers of the past, present and future. Thank you for your sacrifices. Time with your families, your safety, your well being and sometimes your lives. We come upon the hour to remember, and sometimes I take what I have for granted, but am thankful of this day to remember that what I have, where I live and how I live is precious and that you will and have fought and defend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said Joy! We live in a great country and they are the reason we do!