Wednesday, August 10, 2011

All my bags are packed

Okay not really, I can't pack to save my life. It doesn't help that my destination can't seem to make up its mind on whether it's summer or winter. The local weather report according to my bestie "It's fucking miserable!" She just be taking part in the national past time of bitching about the weather, however the Weather Network seems to concur, they might not quite use that description though.

Anyhow, I'm on my first adventure solo. Whenever I've traveled its been with someone, save for a short plane ride to Boston where I met ex for a good few days. Part of me is thrilled, the other part of me is terrified. Why? I'm not terribly sure why. I mean I'm staying in my country, going to a province with reputably friendly people, going to enjoy much of the natural beauty, I don't have to convert and worst comes to worst, I have several people on the island I can live with til I earn enough money to get back home.

I think I'm afraid of being alone in a new environment for some time. I'm good with being alone at home, I freaking crave it! But this is a little different. Not having access to my friends or support system in a pinch...not having access to cellular (damn you Rogers, would it kill ya to put up a couple of towers in Newfoundland?). I'm afraid of not being able to fill my day with distractions so I don't really have to think those deep important thoughts that people typically tend to think when they are alone. Though maybe now is the time to think of those thoughts, I'm usually inspired to reflect by reading or talking to someone, but it's very focused, maybe it might be a good thing to let the mind wander. Hopefully I'm strong enough to withstand where it wanders to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time by yourself and visiting friends! Have a fun and I can't wait to hear all about it and compare notes! :)